Sunday, April 9

PJ's Baptism

Well it was a lovely day, the sun came out and the rain stayed away for a little while. The Church and service was lovely, even though I'm not a Christian myself, Jax has been Baptised where as I have not. The Vicar seems a very nice lady and she did her best to involve the children in the service, asking them questions and getting them to help out. Even going on to talk about her trying scrambled goose egg, which was mixed into parts of the service as it was palm Sunday. PJ was on his best behavior not stressing or screaming, with only a few little laughs that echoed round the expansive church hall. The only thing he didn't like was when she wet his head, which he cried a little, but once it was over he was back to his happy self. We all got to sing the hymn we had chosen ' Give Me Joy In My Heart' and then the service was complete. Few photos where taken and luckily the weather held out so everyone came back to our house for a few drinks and some food. We just about managed to fit some 60 people in our house and garden. My Dad managed to get a few more pic's thought the rest of the afternoon as PJ wandered/crawled about. So thanks Dad for the photo's, a big thanks to Auntie Lesley and Nan for the lovely cake, and thanks to everyone for PJ's gifts.
Also thanks everyone for coming and help in making it a lovely day.
Like always with these things it takes a little time to clear up, and I still have the gazebo to clear up tonight. I did manage to get most of it done before it chucked it down with rain.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger SafeTinspector said...

Another one lost for Satan.
That dude's got it HARD.

Your boy is very cool looking, and the cake looks tasty.

12:02 am  
Blogger Dan said...

I know... I mean who would be Satan, its a hard jobs.
Anyways, cheers, will be tasting it soon and delivering bits.

8:34 am  
Blogger SafeTinspector said...

delivering bits? What, like a courier of cake?

12:36 pm  
Blogger Dan said...

Kind of, we didn't get time to give it all out on the day so we delivered some to everyone. 80 slices.
So yes we where cake couriers.

12:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only just seen this - looks like you had a perfect day. Have you lost weight??? The leaner you looks just like your dad!

9:18 pm  
Blogger Dan said...

It was me, me Dad, and me brother Dave.

11:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home