Thursday, April 6

Marmite and World Rule

Well as you may have noticed my comments on mine or my offsprings world rule has been rather thin of late. What with the hetic life I'm leading and the problems that keep rearing up there ugly head (such as people falling though garage roofz), so I'm going to try to set this straight a bit more.
First it has come to my attention after read the SafeT's blog he'd made a rather happily little tune called Marmite Echo, with my love of Marmite I was keen to hear. It is a great tune, but I feel that it doesn't quite capture the deep love/hate feeling that Marmite generates. Then I don't think SafeT' has experienced the joy or pain that is Marmite, I feel for him on this but then we all have our jar to bear.
I also found one of his comments rahter interesting ; " Dan, is under the misbegotten notion that HIS offspring is destined to rule mankind. Eventually my daughter and his son shall have to come to a reconning". Somoe how I feel our power over Marmite will be the deciding factor.

5 Comments:

Blogger SafeTinspector said...

Keep your damn Marmite. We have the Ranch Dressing!

12:40 am  
Blogger Dan said...

And what the hell is that then?

11:21 am  
Blogger SafeTinspector said...

Its a sort of runny mayonaise kinda thing that tastes strongly of garlic and herbs.
We yanks tend to use it as a salad dressing, vegetable dip, cracker dip and sauce base.

I figure its the closest thing we have, cultural significance wise, to Marmite/Vegemite. Except that everyone LOVES ranch dressing.

12:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan... you are a fool. Safe T obviously knows you too well. What he has captured in this fantastic tune is the feeling of wellbeing and happiness you experience when you eat marmite. Then, in an interesting and insightful stroke of genius, he has entitled the piece 'Marmite Echo', as he knows that you'll belch, and relive the marmighty experience again....

4:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And ranch dressing? It's fabulous. You've tried it before..... Paul Newman makes it with his own hands... really, it's true.... each and every million bottle.

4:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home