Monday, September 19

Screen Door Challenge

I've come to the conclusion that I've not the same person that I was 10 years ago, which in some ways is a good thing. But there are things that I've noticed that are not so good. Now we had another busy weekend and on Sunday I set myself the task of creating a screen door for the back door of the out house. Something that I thought would be easy as I've always considered myself reasonably capable with my hands. Maybe its the fact that I've never done this before, or that I can't remember the last time I did anything with wood. Maybe its the fact that I had to stop and start the job though out the day so I never really 'got' into it, but its taken ages. I think I could have built the side of a house in the time it has taken (even with my slow bricklaying). But hey presto after a few silly mistakes, like making it 1 inch too large at the top. The door was complete, and most of the day was gone. All the other jobs that I needed to do will have to be put off now, which I really wanted to get out of the way.
So is my memory shot and I'm confused about what skill I did have? I am I becoming decrepited and I don't have the same capabilities I did have 10 years ago? I am I really making to much of this and I should put it down to just having a bad day. I don't know, and now that I've written this out I'm not sure I really care that much. Its done and built, I've voiced my views and I can go back to my day feeling some what vented. Oh attached is a pic of the lovely door... ain't it grand.... (I've also corrected my bad spell now).

5 Comments:

Blogger Overboard said...

I'm afraid you will have to start all over again. Everybody knows that all doors should be hinged on the righthand side of the door frame.
Doh!

10:52 am  
Blogger Dan said...

lol.. thanks for that. But I think I'll leave it as is. Being left handed my self (or cack handed as my Dad always said) I like it on the left. ;-P

10:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a brick I see holding the door open? Tsk, tsk!! You will have to start again, matey!

12:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have just seen when I enlarged the image that it's the inner door - stupid me. But the bigger pic shows your windchimes. Glad I don't live next door!!!

12:35 pm  
Blogger Dan said...

They ain't that loud as they are just wood, we did have metal ones but we decide they where a tad loud!.. lol

12:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home