Thursday, November 17

Mobile on the Move

Some of you may not be aware but in the UK now its illegal to use your hand held mobile phone while driving. Something us bikers are glad of, as car have enough distractions with out them driving with one had on the phone to the there partner/lover/boss/both/eta, and not seeing us.
But it seems the closer I get to London the less this law applies to the people around it. Today I had to resist the urge as I filtered though traffic (not illegal I might add) to tell some woman off. I was thinking of tapping on the window and saying something.. but what????? " Excuse me, do you mind paying attention to the road please, some of use are trying to get from A to B without betting knocked off."
And if she ignored me? Rev the bike until she hangs up?... mmmh sounds like a plan.
Feel free to add some more suggestions.
(repeated in my other blog as I thought it was important)

9 Comments:

Blogger Overboard said...

Hey Dan,
I'm back! My blog got hacked by The Beast.
I'm now here www.ihaveaboat.blogspot.com.
Hi to PJ and Jax,
Ta ra
M

11:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The same holds true for Birmingham. Birmingham is no longer the dreary place it used to be, no it's full of designer apartments, designer shops, and designer people on designer phones. All talking absolute BS no doubt. Let's start a knocking on windows campaign!!

Nice pics of your bike on sv650.org. My Hornet had a 12K service today, cost £125, has to go back to have the cam tightener??? or something fixed under warranty. Had its carbs balanced - it was running lumpy before, now it goes really well but the roads were too slippy tonight to try it out properly. Had a CBF600 loaner for the day, not a bad bike, very upright seating position, more power low down than the Hornet but midrange was a bit of a joke. And I managed to hit the kill switch just as the lights went green. Oops.

Am thinking of selling up - mate Karl is selling his Multistrada 1000DS, I'm tempted.

10:29 pm  
Blogger Dan said...

They are nice bikes.. well they would be great to get to work on. What pic's of my bike?

12:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ones you put on - the GT750. Or am I dreaming?

The Multistrada- nice but it would be a bit rash at the moment, I can't really afford it.

5:33 pm  
Blogger SafeTinspector said...

What of those with headsets? I, unfortunately, need to use my phone whilst driving somedays. Comes with the sort of job I have.
But i use a headset, and only speak when on a straightaway.

11:52 pm  
Blogger Dan said...

headsets are find...its holding the phone to your ear thats the problem.

10:18 am  
Blogger SafeTinspector said...

's what I figured as well.
Do you ever have troubles with buses? I've almost been run off the road by bus drivers who don't use their mirrors a couple times...

2:38 am  
Blogger Dan said...

Buses arn't to bad down south, but the closer you get to London the worse and more eratic there drivin gets. They all seem to be in a hurry.

11:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If their windows are open, snatch the phone from their hand and lob it in their back seat..... what are they gonna do? lol

11:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home