Monday, June 12

Installing Ubuntu while blogging

Well now I'm really amazed! While posting this blog I'm installing 6.06 of Ubuntu Linux, how's that for neat. It starts up the OS in memory so you can have a look about, lets you install extra software to test. Then you can just install Ubuntu while doing other things, like blog! Neat... I just love it more and more, I don't recall Windows doing that.
Even rather nicely asks you if you want to continue to using the current session before it restarts to enable you to use the new install.
*It did lock up once... But it came back, maybe I was getting a bit to pushy.

4 Comments:

Blogger SafeTinspector said...

ubuntu!
I'm a SUSE man, meself, but that's a really sweet distro.
With enough ram and a liberal dose of VMWARE, you can do anything with it.

3:43 am  
Blogger Dan said...

I had a go with SUSE... just didn't seem to suit me.

9:24 am  
Blogger SafeTinspector said...

10.1 is pretty sweet, what with the hotplug support and YAST and stuff.
But that's why Linux is so great, you can choose whatever suits you.

6:02 am  
Blogger Dan said...

Not really what I need at home though, they use it at work and Redhat. Which I will be picking up a bit more.

9:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home